Sunday, April 3, 2011

Green Tea Ice Facial

Green tea is an essential for the skin (well, for my skin). I will guarantee you that if you walk into any beauty/cosmetics store you will find something that has to do with green tea. Studies have shown that green tea could protect against cancer, osteoporosis, heart disease, and may aid in weight loss. Also, many believe that green tea in skin products can help ward of skin cancer, zap signs of aging, and rejuvenate skin cells.  Research also has shown, green tea extract is rich in antioxidants, which of course are healthy for the skin and protect the body from free radicals. So there is no doubt the green tea is good for the skin... right? Yes!

Take me for example. I bought the Tea Tree Blackhead Exfoliating Wash from the Body Shop and my nose was as smooth as can be (I would recommend the product!). So there you have the benefits of green tea.
Since green tea is brilliant for your skin I found an excellent tutorial for the Green Tea Ice Facial. Here is how I made it.
You will need:
Green Tea
Water
Ice Tray
Toothpicks

First grab your tea bag and put it in water. Once made, add to ice tray. After 1 hour or so, place toothpick in ice.
Note: I forgot to add toothpicks, so it doesn't look like the picture.

Leave in fridge until completely frozen take out and you have a homemade green tea ice for your facial.

Here is a good video to show you how to make it!

Research Sources on green tea:
http://www.webmd.com/skin-beauty/news/20000817/green-tea-could-be-good-for-your-skin-study-finds
http://www.ivillage.co.uk/the-beauty-benefits-green-tea/76175
http://www.amazing-green-tea.com/green-tea-skin.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...